A decadent moist and fluffy vegan pumpkin bar with a generous layer of homemade coconut ‘cream cheese’ frosting. Made with our coconut flakes, stone ground coconut butter, lucuma, and a drizzle of our amazingly creamy stone ground almond butter. See the recipe demo video here.
These bars are also made without flour, so they are naturally grain-free making it an excellent alternative for those with gluten/wheat allergies. Pumpkin gives these bars a natural sweetness and fluffy texture. Pumpkin is also a great source of vitamins A, C, K, and E, as well as lots of minerals, including magnesium, potassium, and iron.
These make a great snack or dessert, and are a crowd pleaser! Go ahead and eat them for breakfast if you want. Turn them into muffins by using muffin molds!
Grain-Free Pumpkin Squares with Vegan Frosting
3 cups large coconut chips, ground into a powder
1 Tbsp. coconut flour
1 Tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. mineral salt
1 cup pumpkin puree
⅓ cup water
1/4 cup virgin coconut oil, melted
2 Tbsp. coconut sugar
2 chia eggs (2 Tbsp. chia flax + 6 Tbsp. water, whisked)
1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
½ tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/4 cup sea moss or agar agar (for extra body and thickness) OR 1/4 cup more oil
- In a high speed blender, blend all frosting ingredients until smooth. Let set up in the refrigerator or 1-2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease the bottom and sides of a loaf pan with coconut oil. You can also make this bread in an 8x8x2 inch glass brownie dish.
- Mix together the coconut powder, coconut flour, spice, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the water, coconut oil, coconut sugar, chia eggs and baking soda/apple cider vinegar.
- Using a rubber spatula, mix dry and wet ingredients together just until combined. Do not over mix.
- Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 35-40 minutes. Set pan on a wire rack to cool.
- When cooled, remove them from the pan and cover with the frosting.
- Chill in the refrigerator again for 15 minutes. Cut and enjoy! Or keep in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Recipe Video here
Connect with us and our chef on Instagram and get all the latest recipes and nutrition information!