Recently we added a new a delicious product, Spirulina Crunchies. We had a whole plan for getting the word out about this delicious product but the buzz has been growing so fast we haven’t had a chance! You can even see a great video by Renegade Health Show about them. Despite all the buzz I thought it would still be great to have a detailed post dedicated to these crunchy bits. Vivapura co-owner, Ivri Krzyz, kindly took the time to write this great piece about the joys and benefits of Spirulina Crunchies.
Scientists say that when you smile it actually changes your brain chemistry and makes you feel good! So we invite you to smile – but more than that – we invite you to smile green! How so you ask? Eat Spirulina Crunchies! What’s that you ask? Spirulina Crunchies are our newest, exclusive, energizing, protein-packed, tastey, pure, green, superfood. Now, don’t just thinkin’ about it make ya smile? And when you actually crunch down on your first savory bite, you will surely smile green!
(Hint: Yes, Spirulina Crunchies will get in your teeth giving your pearly whites a healthy green glow. So if you are eating them by the handful, just chase them with something sticky. We recommend dried jackfruit or wild jungle peanuts.)
Spirulina Crunchies, like traditional powdered or tablet spirulina, is a pure, natural, nutrient dense, microscopic, edible, blue-green algae packed with complete and
absorbable protein, chlorophyll, antioxidants and essential vitamins and minerals. It is a balanced whole food that contains over 100 synergistic nutrients that are easily assimilated. It is literally at the bottom of the food chain – a concentrated “nutrient soup” from which all life can be nourished.
What Does Spirulina Have To Offer?
Concentrated Protein Source: The highest source of protein – 60%!
Complete Protein: Contains all 8 essential amino acids in the proper ratios. Build muscle mass.
Speeds up metabolism: Helps with weight loss.
Best Source of GLA: necessary for a healthy nervous system. Great for arthritis!
Vast Spectrum of Antioxidants: Protecting cells from free radical damage while enhancing immune system.
High in Minerals: Easily assimilated as they are chelated with the amino acids.
Iron: 2300% more iron than spinach. Improves energy levels.
Beta Carotene: Enhances immune system and healthy skin.
Vitamin K: An essential nutrient that must be obtained from sources outside the body. Improves bone density and aids in blood circulation.
Calcium: 300% more calcium than whole milk.
Nucleic Acids: RNA and DNA
Chlorophyll: Blood builder and purifier.
Phycocyanin: Removes heavy metals and pollutants from your body.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
(PS: we have to say all that!)
So what makes Spirulina Crunchies so different?
Well, lots actually.
1. It is crunchy! – this makes it so much more fun to eat. Try sprinkling it on your salad. It stays crunchy and adds a savory flavor (kinda like bacon bits). No gloppy green salad blues that you may get when putting powder on your salad.
2. It is a Spiral – Spirulina derives its name from its microscopic spiral structure. Because of the manual, additive-free process of creating Spirulina Crunchies, its inherent spiral structure stays intact. Spirulina Crunchies are the only Spirulina that is not pulverized which compromises spirulina’s delicate structure.
3. It is Vital – Spirulina Crunchies are low-temperature heat dried to keep bacteria levels in check and to preserve the vital nutrients. Did you know that the leading brand selling their Spirulina as “raw” actually plummet the temperature below 0 degrees C in order to preserve it? Such an extreme temperature certainly affects the nutrients.
4. Savory Flavor – Spirulina Crunchies are more mild in flavor. They taste fresh and yummy. (Never again will you have to hold your nose and endure a slightly fishy flavor)
5. Did we mention its CRUNCHY! – you gotta experience it! Spirulina in a whole new way. No-additives. Pure Green Goodness!